In today's world, a lot of students have multiple social media accounts. Why not use this in the classroom? Here are examples of social media:
How can teachers incorporate social media in the classroom?
- Have students make Facebook profile for historical figures
- Blogging sites like Blogger as a forum for student to share content
- Take polls or quizzes in review sessions!
- Have students teach their peers about safety on the web
- Access to smartphone and tablets in the classroom gives access for digital books and resources
- Teachers can have a Blogger or Facebook page to keep parents connected with their child's classroom.
- Use Pinterest to share resources on certain topics
- Tweet helpful tips for studying
The options are endless! Brainstorm ways to include social media in your classroom in a positive way.
For more information:
Image by mkhmarketing https://www.flickr.com/photos/mkhmarketing/8468788107/